See newsletter for current transportation schedule and routes.
- The Senior Center transportation system may be used by Wallingford residents age 60 and over who do not drive their own vehicles or who cannot access a public transportation system to reach their desired destination.
II. SPECIAL ASSISTANCE
- Physically frail individuals may enter and exit the vehicles using assistive devices such as canes or walkers with minimum assistance from the driver. Individuals in wheelchairs will receive assistance to enter the wheelchair lift that will be secured by the driver.
- This transportation system is curb-to-curb service. The drivers are not allowed to assist individuals to enter or exit their homes.
- Electric wheelchairs or carts can be accommodated.
- Riders must be capable of entering and exiting the vehicles and their homes on their own or with the assistance of an escort.
- Shoppers are limited to two bundles each, excluding a carry-on. Drivers or transportation aides will load bundles on and off the vehicle; they may not carry them into an individual’s home.
- Destinations, in order of priority, within the Town of Wallingford include:
- Medical appointments
- To and from the Senior Center and the Daily Activities for Independence Program.
- Grocery Shopping
- Banking and bill paying
- Other appointments (lawyer, hairdresser)
- Visiting (nursing homes, friends, etc.)
IV. HOURS OF OPERATION
- The transportation system runs from to 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday,
- Reservations require a two day business day notice by contacting the Senior Center.
- We cannot pinpoint the exact times of pick-up, therefore we tell you the approximate times of pick-up. Please be patient waiting for the bus. Any undue delays, you will be called.
- PLEASE cancel a reservation, please call as soon as possible. The staff will be available to take phone calls at the Senior Center beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- If transportation should be cancelled due to inclement or dangerous weather, every effort will be made to contact you directly. Cancellations will also be announced on WTIV-TV (Ch 30), WFSB-TV (Ch 3), and WTNH-TV (Ch 8).